Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 31, 2010

Hey Everyone!

How is it going? I hope this week went as well for you as it did for me. This week was awesome! I have had a lot of fun. I got to my new area, Rockyview, and it is a lot of fun. It is on the very northwestern part of Calgary, so the exact opposite side of the city from Chaparral. I can see COP from our kitchen window. It looks pretty cool. It makes me wish I could snowboard, but I guess that wouldn't really matter since we can't snowboard on a mission anyway. haha. But I am still enjoying this area. It is a lot bigger then my last area, and it is a walking area. So that isn't as fun. Maybe that means I'll lose some weight though. That could be good eh? haha.

The Ward is pretty small and it is a lot older then my last Ward. It is a little bit more quiet in Sacrament meeting which is fun, but there were only 7 or 8 of us in Elders Quorum, which was kind of weird. They all seem like a lot of fun though. I haven't had the opportunity to meet too many members yet, but they all seem nice. I haven't met the Bishop yet. He is in Mexico for the next two weeks so I guess I won't know what he is like for a while... We don't have too many investigators here. We only really have two. And I have only met one of them so far. One is named Mitch and the missionaries have been working with him for a while, but he won't keep any commitments that they leave him so he isn't getting very far. And he smokes a lot apparently. He's the one I haven't met yet though. The appointment we had with him he canceled, so that was sad. I did get the chance to meet Sam though. He is our other investigator. He has also been being taught for a while, like nine months. He also smokes but he is keeping more commitments. He has already gave up coffee which is awesome. I am excited to work with him and see how I can help him and see how he can progress while I am here.

My companion is awesome as well. He is a lot of fun. He knows how to work hard but he also knows how to make it fun which is a good change. He is from Hurricane Utah, which means that so far all of my companions have been form Utah... weird. He is a lot of fun to be around though. We get along really well and we have a lot of fun together. And he is an awesome missionary. He teaches really well and he brings a really good Spirit into the lessons. I hope that I can continue to have a good experience with him for a while. I have learned that a good companion can make an area great. I'm not in the best area right now, but I am still having fun. He is having some foot problems though. He has falling arches, so we had to go back down south for a doctors appointment for him. We actually went back down to my old zone which was kind of fun. Anyway, maybe that means that they will give us a car. That could be good. Because it takes us an hour to walk across our area, which isn't good for trying to get in as many appointments as we can in a day. Anyway, I think that's just high hopes. Walking will be good for me.

Well, that is pretty much it for me this week. I don't really have all that much to tell you about members yet because I haven't met many of them. But hopefully that will change next week. Although I guess I can tell you a little about the people we live with, the Woodruff's. They are a lot of fun. They have a lot of rules which were interesting, but despite those they are still a lot of fun. They are really nice to us and are fun to talk to. But other then that, that is pretty much it from me this week. I can't wait to talk to you guys again next week! I hope all is going well with you!

Love,
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment