Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 23, 2010

Hey everyone!
Guess what... I am getting transferred! I am still trying to find out if I am excited about it though... haha. I am excited in the fact that it will be fun to get to a new area and get to meet new people and get some more people to start working with. I hear my new companion is going to be good. I hear he is fun and a hard worker so that will be good. His name is Elder Winder. I think he just got done training this last transfer. So he has to be a good missionary right?... right. haha Yea it will be a lot of fun. And I am going to north west Calgary, a place called Rockyview, so I am still in the city but on the complete other side of it. I hear it is pretty darn close to where the new temple is going to be built. So maybe I'll be able to go down there and see that area. That would be fun. This last couple of days has been pretty sad though. I have known I was leaving since Friday night. The assistants called Elder Glick and told him he was training. So that meant I was 99.9% sure that I was leaving. It would be very rare that they would send him to a new area to train. But it isn't unheard of. My zone leader right now, Elder Basinger, has done it before. And actually he is doing it again this transfer, in the zone I am moving to. So that's fun. At least I will know him. and Elder R from Cranston is going to that zone too. It will be fun. Anyway, so since I knew I was leaving I have been saying some goodbyes to people this weekend. It made me a lot more sad than I thought it was going to. It is weird how attached you get to people in just four months... but the thing that surprised me even more was how attached some people get to us missionaries. Maybe I am just a horrible person, or not an old person..., but I never got too attached to any of the missionaries back home. But there were a lot of people that were pretty sad that I was leaving. There is actually a lady that just called me to see if I was getting transferred, Sis Tredinnick. She is a part member family but is an awesome member. She has her kids really involved in the church. It's awesome to see her working so hard even without her husbands support. But she was really sad that I was leaving. She said she didn't really know why, but she just loved having me around. She loved listening to me teach and stuff. She said her family hasn't really liked a missionary in 8 or 9 years. It was really cool to hear that though. I think that is just one more reason as to why I was sent here. And while I was here her kids grew to love me too and they have started being more into church stuff and her husband has grown a little more at ease with us too. He doesn't run away when we show up and he actually eats with us when they have us over for dinner. So hopefully that can continue with Glick and his Greeny. Anyway. it was really sad to say goodbye to all of the people here and see how sad some were that I was leaving. Like the Lacustas and the Colemans and the Stoddarts and the Shaughnessys and such. But it had to happen sometime. And I was getting pretty comfortable in my area which is usually when President decides to send us somewhere else. Something that I am really going to miss though is free frosters from mansoor at mac's. I love those guys there. It was a lot of fun.
Anyway, I am excited for my new area. I'm excited to meet new people and to work hard and to get friends along the way like I did here. I hear the west zone, which is where I'm going, might be one of the slowest zones in the mission. Which is funny because the south zone, which I am in now, was the slowest when I got here but now it isn't... hopefully President doesn't keep sending me to all the slow areas... that would be a bummer. But I guess wherever he sends me in my mission is where I am going to need to be. So it will be exciting to see what happens as my mission goes on.
I am also excited to get to a new area to have some new things to do. I have completely run out of ideas of things to do in this area. It's ridiculous. This last week we had 11 cancellations with dinner and appointments so we didn't have much to do. We only ended up getting 9 lessons and we are supposed to get 20 a week. So we ended up just walking around our area aimlessly as we tried to figure something out that we could do. We ended up tracting a lot this last week. It was ridiculous. Nobody here will talk to us... darn Canadians are all happy with their ways! haha. But I don't know if it was frustration with having nothing to do or what but Elder Glick was absolutely annoying last week. There were definitely times where I wanted to kill him. But I probably wasn't the best companion either. That has really helped me to learn a lot about myself and how I can be a better companion. I didn't really want to be a better companion as the week was going along, but looking back there were some things that I am going to definitely change.
Well, other then that I don't really have anything else to tell you guys. That was pretty much the highlight of my week. Although it is pretty sad because tonight I don't get to go around and say goodbye to people because we have to go meet Elder Glick's new companion.. bummer. But at least I've said most of my goodbyes already, eh? Well I can't wait to talk to you guys next week and tell you how my new area is going!
love,
Elder Townsend


Hey! i live with her! haha

Oh Chaparral valley... (that isn't blasphemous is it? haha) We tracted that whole valley and nobody talked to us at all. And there is only one member that lives down there and he is kind of weird...

The Stoddarts!!! Oh man i love them. They are so awesome! I miss living with them.


Steve! my pet rock. I kicked him for an hour and a half while we were walking around our area. It was fun. haha



No comments:

Post a Comment