Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010

Hey everyone! How is it going? I hope you all had a good week. I have had one very crazy one! Probably the most intense of my mission so far. So last Monday we had interviews with President which was good. But Elder Winder took pretty long in his and then afterwards he told me why. He had some things from back home that he had to go back home for. So President told him that he would call him and let him know what was going on. So then Tuesday he was pretty nervous about it and then Pday took his mind off of it for a while but then Wednesday night Pres told him that we needed to come into the mission home the next night so he could talk to him.

So then on Thursday I met Mitch, one of our investigators, and talked to him for a while. Then we had dinner and a lesson with an older couple in our ward. They are awesome. They were a lot of fun and really funny. Then after we got done there we drove to the mission home which is like half an hour away. Then Winder went in to talk with President and me and Sister Archibald talked about random stuff. He was in there for over an hour. Then when he came out he told me that he was going to be flying home on Saturday morning at 5 o'clock. Taht was a bummer. And this whole time was just sad. We knew he was going to go home and I don't like when things like that happen because I don't know what to say to people to try to make them feel better. I wish I was better at that. Anyway, then Friday we went around and said goodbye to people and then we ate dinner with Elder Riggs and Fowler at Wendys. That was fun. Then we went back to the mission home where we said our goodbyes to each other. That wasn't too fun. I know I was only with him for a week and a half but I think he was the best friend that I have made on my mission so far. But he has the chance to come back in six months so hopefully he does. Or else I am going to kill him! haha. Hopefully I will get to serve around him again. That would be sweet!

But I left him at the mission home and then I went with the AP's and stayed the night with them at their house. That was weird. I had to sit in on their planning and stuff and I felt like if I did anything wrong at all then they would eat me. haha. Anyway, it was a very weird night and morning. Especilly when they got up and then slept on the couch for their exercise. haha. Then at 9:30 I went and met my new companion Elder Bleazard. He seems like a nice guy and works hard. There are some things about him that remind me of Elder Glick at times so that is kind of unfortunate. So this week has been kind of sad because I've started to realize that this transfer isn't going to be as good as it was looking like it was going to be.

Although we are going to have a pretty good transfer still it seems. We just met with the referral that we got from Elders in the east. We met with her yesterday and talked with her for a while and gave her the first lesson and then asked her if she would be baptized and she said, "yes!" So that was awesome! We set a goal for the 17th so hopefully we can make that happen. I am excited to work with her and see her progress in the gospel just like I saw with Jeanette. She is pretty solid though. She sat in on some lessons when her friend was taking the discussions in the east zone and her friend just got baptized and she decided that she wanted to learn more so that is when we started to talk to her. I am excited for that. We will see how this transfer goes with this companion and the Bishop who I hear likes to get frustrated with missionaries. Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated on all of that. I can't wait to talk to you guys next week! I love you all!

Love
Elder Townsend

Me, Riggs, Fowler, Winder
Canada Olympic Park
Our pad
Look at that sexy beast! ha ha! The best companion ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment