Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October 28, 2009

Hey guys! It's the first night here and they said I could write home. So I figured I would. Today was crazy. A lot of sitting in classes or meetings and listening to people welcome us. I've seen a couple people I know and my district is really fun. There is about ten of us and they are all great Elders. Only three of us new guys were going to Calgary and one of them is my companion. His name is Elder Dastrup. He is from Provo like two minutes away from here. He is really fun though. I think we are going to get along really well. Well, today was intense. It was a lot of fun and very exhausting. I will be very happy to be able to sleep tonight. Today was great though. I learned a lot about teaching tactics and I felt the Spirit so much around here. I'm unpacked and I pretty much have everything I think I need. Elder Dastrup has a whole bunch of everything. He makes me feel very unprepared. He already has a jacket and a pillow and a down comforter. I'm pretty sure they will have comforters up there thought. They can't expect us to carry those around. Well, I just wanted to write to you guys and tell you I'm here and okay. I'm doing fine and you guys should have gotten an email telling you what my address is. I love you guys so much and I am so excited to be serving a mission for two years. I hope that not just me but the whole family can grow and receive blessings from me being out here. I love and miss you guys so much and look forward to hearing from you! I'm sending this home because I don't have any idea how long it would take to get to Jen or Dani's house. I love you so much and thank you for all the support you give me.

Love,
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment