Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009

Hey! So I made it to Calgary! It is kind of exciting here. I dont really have any clue what I am doing here though. There is alot going on and I am kinda confused. It is fun though. I am with my companion and we just came and got a library card so that I can come on and email people.

My companion is Elder Byington. He seems really fun and I am excited to learn as much as I can from him. I am in the smallest area in my mission. It is the southern outskirts of Calgary. So it is a lot of neighborhoods and suburbia like things. He said we live with an old couple who are really nice and make us a lot of food. But we don't know how much longer we are going to be able to live there.

We also drive a Silverado so that is pretty awesome, haha. But I don't really get to drive. I get to sit in the passenger seat and stand behind the car when we are backing up. Still very strange to me....

Well other then that it is really fun here. I am freezing and I think I am going to die. People say it isn't even cold here yet. haha. But we are going to go buy a coat when we are done here, Mom I don't really know how much you wanted me to spend on a coat but I'll keep it low. haha. My comp said that the first couple of days he was just confused and wanted to crawl into a hole... so I think I am doing just what everyone else is... I am kind of freaking out. but I know that it will all be ok and that my mission is going to be awesome! I just need to get into the swing of things first. Hopefully that doesn't take too long.


Well I don't really know what else to tell you. There isn't much that has really gone on yet. Just a lot of me meeting people and trying to figure out what I am supposed to be saying... Well I miss you all and I hope I get to hear from you guys soon! Hopefully mail doesn't take too long to get here. I love you so much!

Love, Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment