Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 8, 2011

Hey everyone! Dont worry, I am still alive out here! We had transfers yesterday and me and Elder Brighton are staying so I get to be here when Elder Scott comes for stake conference and when Rob Frost gets baptized so that should be good. I am looking forward to it. But I didn't get a chance to email yesterday because we went to the temple. Monday night my companion found out there were some missionaries going to the temple in the morning so we decided to go with them. I'm pretty sure my comp would have killed me in my sleep if we hadn't gone. He was so excited to go and was rather pushy about it. I was hesitant because of the kilometers to get there but we went. It was like seeing a kid on Christmas morning. He was sitting in the seat beside me freaking out for the whole hour it took to drive there and then was so excited to be there it was ridiculous! haha. It was a great experience though. We went with four other missionaries. Elders Hatfield, Heap, Moore and Reese. Hatfield was in my district in the MTC and Reese was my companion for three months a while ago. It was good to go to the temple, I loved it. Especially after conference. It made for a great end to the weekend. Conference was great as well! I love conference. It's the only vacation we get as missionaries because we get to just sit and relax and listen to people teach us for a change. And those people are teaching us exactly what we need in our lives to be happy! It's awesome! Oh man, even if this time was a lot about marriage and I can't get married so it didn't really apply to me. But it was still great!

The rest of this week was good too. Kind of slower but not bad. We helped a less active family finish moving. We moved them a couple weeks ago but they still had a little bit in the garage so we helped with that. That was on Wednesday and then Thursday we helped a lady from Iran move. We moved her a while ago into a trailer and then we just moved her into a little town house on Main Street. That was interesting. Apparently she used to have slaves so she wouldn't do anything and was rather bossy. But it was still a lot of fun. The Bishop was there and he is hilarious. He reminds me a lot of you, dad, only a lot more random. Like we loaded two couches onto a pick up and then she asked if we could put some chairs from her dining room set on as well to save some trips (the dining room set costs more then her house) and Bishop was all... sure... so he put them on top of the couch and when she saw that she was freaking out they might fall off and Bishop Oliver just said "yea they might fall off and crash onto the ground and break everywhere... but it was your idea!" Anyway, funnier in person. But I love this ward. There isn't much to do here in terms of non members but I am really excited to work with the members here. They are all amazing! We also went out to the pass on Thursday and Friday. That was good too. Dani still doesn't want to meet with us. So we didn't have much to do. But it was still fun. That was pretty much our week though. I cant wait to see what this week has in store. Thanks for everything guys! I love you all!

Love
Elder Townsend

Cardston, Alberta temple... I like it. It is beautiful.

Me at the temple. We didn't get a picture of the six of us that went though... we should have...District leader Elder Grace. My district leader here and my companion in Cochrane. He and like 20 other guys are going home tomorrow... weird... sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment