Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 15, 2010

Hey everyone! How is it going? Well... this week wasn't really all that exciting. There really isn't much to tell you. We had a lot of really good lessons. I think I am getting really sick of member lessons though. This isn't anything I thought I would be doing when I was coming out on a mission and I am just sick of dealing with members. Why can't people just accept commitments we give them? Is it really that hard to look for opportunities to do service for friends or neighbors or to share your testimony with a non member? Why do members have to butcher every commitment we give them? Anyway. I am glad to be on a mission though. And those members that do listen to us and are happy to have us in to their home are so much fun to teach I love going over there.

And it was a great week for missionary work. We met with Angie and Trymer twice this week. Angie is doing amazing. There is definitely nothing holding her back from being baptized on the 27th. I am so excited for that date and she is as well. She is the best investigator that I have had on my mission. I love going over there. And her husband Trymer is hilarious and fun as well. We even did some service for them on Saturday. That was a lot of fun. We raked their leaves for them. And Hurley had the great idea to burn the leaves instead of throw them away so Trymer went and got an old truck bed tool box and we filled it up and tried to burn them. It didn't turn out so well and we thought the fire truck would show up any minute. haha. It didn't though. So that was good. It was a great day though.

We also had a service opportunity with a non member. We went and helped her clean out her basement that was covered in mold. Everything...the TV stand, couches, carpet. It smelled horrible and I thought I was going to die. I'm pretty sure there is a bunch of mold growing in my lungs right now. haha. So that might be exciting. But it was good. We gave her our phone number and I think we could have a good chance of teaching her sometime. She seemed really nice and she was very grateful for us to be there. It was awesome.

Not much else happened this week though. We got this huge amazing lazy boy couch with a center fold down console and two recliner chairs on either side that was a killer to get up the stairs but definitely the best addition to our apartment. It's an amazing place to do comp study. I love it. And I have to thank Tina from the thrift store in Cochrane for bringing it down here for us. She is the best!

That's pretty much our week though. Not too much exciting to talk about but it was a great week for missionary work. I hope you all had a good week as well! I love you and miss you all!

Love
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment