Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010

Hello everyone! How is it going? I hope you all had a great week. I did. It was awesome! We were able to get a lot of lessons this week. As a mission we try to get 20 lessons a week. These last couple weeks here have been some of the only ones on my mission so far that I have been able to even get close to that. It might help that we have two wards to work with, but it also helps that I have an awesome companion. Elder Hurley is amazing. We have a lot of fun together and get along great, but we know how to work as well. We were able to get a lot of lessons with members this last week. We even got a couple pretty good lessons with less active members and we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Angie. She is amazing. She is married to an excommunicated member who is also awesome. He's working on coming back and hopes to be baptized on the same day as Angie. She has a date for the 27th of November. And I know that she will be ready. She is awesome. We watched the testaments with her and she loved it. We were able to talk to her after and solve a couple of her concerns. She never has very big concerns just little ones that are easy to resolve. So that's good. She is awesome. I can't wait to continue to work with her and see her progress towards baptism.

That lesson was yesterday. Oh, Happy Halloween by the way! We had to come in at 6 last night so that we wouldn't get into any trouble. So we had a lesson with Trymer and Angie and they fed us an amazing breakfast for dinner and then went in and played some board games and set up some lessons for this week. It was a lot of fun. I really wanted to go trick or treating though. I really just wanted some candy... I may or may not have already eaten everything you sent me mom.... haha. It was fun though. And luckily we didn't have anyone come to our door... we didn't have any candy to hand out. Didn't think of that.

Oh! By the way! Probably the best part of our day was when we got the call that we were moving into an apartment. I was finally able to unpack! It was awesome! It's a pretty small little one bedroom apartment, but hey, its ours. And it's awesome. It's on the third floor so we don't have to worry about people making noises above us. But it also meant that we had to move all our stuff up a bunch of stairs. That wasn't fun. I'm still sore from it. We went and got a bunch of furniture from the mission storage... but it still doesn't look very full in there. But it took us forever to unpack! In between service and lessons we didn't have much time. The first night we were there we were up until one in the morning just trying to unpack enough for us to sleep. It was kind of ridiculous. But hey, we are all moved in and having a blast. I like having my own place. I hate the feeling that you are in the way of the people that you are living with. So this will be nice. I love this area and I can't wait to see what I can do here. I am excited for it!

Oh... by the way. I hit my year mark this week, and yes, I burned a shirt. That's right. It was awesome. I can't believe I'm at a year though. It's crazy to think about. They say this next year go's by really fast but I hope it doesn't. I've hit the point where I really just don't want to go home anymore. I love it out here too much.

Thanks for everything guys! I love you all so much! Can't wait to talk to you next week! I love you!

Love
Elder Townsend

Before


After

No comments:

Post a Comment