Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 27, 2010

Hey guys!

So this week was pretty fun! On Thursday we went and taught an investigator that we have. Her name is Jeanette. She has been going to the Sundance Ward because she has some friends over there. So the Sundance missionaries taught her a first lesson and got her out to a church tour. But then they gave her over to us because she lives in our area. That was so awesome! The lesson went really well and she asked some really good questions! I didn't really know how to answer them myself but Elder Byington and the younger Bro Ady were there and they did a really good job of answering her questions. We are going to see her on Friday again and we hope to ask her to be baptized this time. That will be pretty exciting! And we also are going to try to get her daughter to sit in on this next one. She seemed pretty interested the last time we were there. So that will be awesome!

Then Friday was full of a lot of service again. We went over to Laura Knights house again and did the stuff that she always has for us to do. I painted a room and her bathroom for her. It was pretty fun. And she always feeds us pretty good when we go over there. Then Saturday the Ady's that we live with had us over... well up. For breakfast. That was awesome. Sis Ady cooked a bunch of pancakes and sausage. It was good. And they actually talked to us so that was good! Then after breakfast they had us clean the basement and she came down to make sure it was all good down there. We passed! haha. Then we helped them move some new couches into their theater room. That was pretty fun. And they are really nice people! Bro Ady is kind of grumpy whenever we see him but I think that is just what he is like. So that was pretty exciting! Things are going a little better with them.

Monday was Elder Byington's birthday! That was pretty exciting. I woke up before he did and decorated the apartment a bit. Just with some stuff that his family sent me to put up. And then we went and bought doughnuts with some money his parents sent and then we went and had our meetings. It was a pretty fun day. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to my birthday out here though. I think it is just going to be really weird not being home. haha.

It is getting pretty cold here again. Not too bad though. And it has started to snow again so that is fun. It means we spend a lot of time shoveling for people. Which is awesome! It is a really good way to fill our day time hours since we can't find much to do usually because everybody is at work. So that is nice. I've decided I don't mind the cold all that much though. I think I could actually live in a place like this. I like wearing winter clothes. But I definitely do not like Canada. I couldn't live here. It's so different. haha.

This morning me and Byington had to take a trip up to northern Calgary to get some medicine that his mom sent him because the Canadian border took it out of his package and then sent it to some weird building that felt like a DMV... not a very fun place to be. But they made him come and get it and they charged him for having to store it. And if he didn't come and pick it up they were going to charge him like $200 to destroy it. Anyway, Canada is just weird. It made for a pretty fun little road trip though. haha. I went to a place I hadn't been yet so it was fun!

Well, that is pretty much it for me this week... things are still going really well! Me and Byington are doing great and keeping ourselves busy and entertained. We could always use more people to teach though! haha. Well, I love and miss you guys all so much! I can't wait to talk to you again next week! Sorry this one is a little short... the road trip made us late to getting to the library and Byington is anxious to go and play some soccer. haha

I love you guys!

love
Elder Townsend

Me and Byington
Our district
downtown Calgary!
Byingtons birthday!
Whore frost. (yeah, I don't know why it is called that....it looks really cool though! It gets over everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment