Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and future mothers out there! How was everyone's week? Our's was good here. I just wrote on Thursday so there weren't too many days between then and now so not much really happened. But it was still a good couple of days. Thursday after we emailed we had a lesson with Scott and Sheryl. That went ok. We started to teach about the plan of salvation and were trying to emphasize families but it was a little awkward and then Scott asked us a question that was something like, "Why can't we as a church group take away the power that one of our members had? And I was really confused. Scott is a little not all there. But we figured out that he was having some legal issues with a member of the church in Raymond which is why they moved back here. They wanted to get away from all of that. Now he isn't sure if he wants to join the church that that guy belongs to. So we tried talking to him a little bit about it, but I don't think it helped him at all. So I don't really know what else to tell him. We are meeting with them again this Friday so we will see what we can come up with before then. Sheryl is pretty solid though. She is always really happy to see us and knows a lot about the church and is wanting to learn more. She hasn't come to church since she has been back though. So I don't know what is up with that. I hope that we can continue to work with them. I think the church could really help them in their lives.

That was pretty much the highlight of the week missionary work wise. Friday was good as well. We went and helped a younger couple with some yard work which was a lot of fun. I helped trimmed this giant tree. I don't think I've ever trimmed a tree before but they said it looked pretty good. haha. Then we went on exchanges. The mission just came out with 24 hour exchanges again. They haven't happened since I have been on my mission. So this is the first one I've been on. It was good. I was with Elder Hansen who took Elder Fowler's spot last week. We had a good dinner that night with the Sheens. They are a little crazy, but pretty fun to be around. Then we stopped by a couple more people. Saturday we went and helped Bishop Oliver move his non member parents into the ward. That was fun. They didn't have much to move, but hopefully we will be able to get in and meet with them sometime. They said they would have us over for lunch or something since we helped them so that would be sweet. Then we went back to the Malmbergs. The couple we helped with yard work the day before and helped clean up the mess we made the day before. Then we exchanged back. It was pretty fun and a nice break from the normal life here in Pincher.

Then Sunday was sweet. We went to church and Rob Frost came, it was supposed to be his week to work, but he came anyway... I don't know how. But he was sustained?... as a Priest in Sacrament meeting. I think he might have had to leave before he could actually be given the priesthood. It was still cool though. We had two less actives in church, Bro Yellowhorn. Remember him? We were going out there pretty regularly for a while but he went on a trip to the Ukraine and we hadn't seen him since. Then this other couple I hadn't met before. So that was sweet! We are going out to the reserve to teach Bro Yellowhorn this Saturday. So that will be cool.

Then we went back to our apartment and had our phone calls home! whoo hoo. It was really nice to hear your voices Mom and Dad! Thanks for all the love and encouragement! It's weird to think that it was my last phone call home. But don't worry. I'm not getting trunky. I'm still out here working hard! haha. That was pretty much our week though. I hope your week was good as well! Thanks again for everything! I can't wait to talk to you guys next week and let you know what is going on with transfers! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Townsend

Cardston temple
Windmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment