Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5, 2010

Hey everyone! How is it going? So, it is transfer week! And no I am not getting a new area. Although I am getting a new companion. Turns out he has already been in my zone and he is just moving over here. He is a really fun guy though. I don't know what he does in missionary work but he is a lot of fun on Pdays. So I am excited for that! I am also really excited for next Sunday. It is Mothers day! It means that I get to call home! It is going to be my second call home. I'll be halfway done with my phone calls home next week. haha. I also hit my six month mark this week. That was kind of exciting. It was kind of weird though because it means that I am a quarter the way done with my mission. weird... anyway. This was a pretty exciting week though. I don't know how much my mom is going to like it though. Mom, you might want to stop reading.

Anyway. It all started last Pday. It started out as a normal day. Except it was snowing like crazy. But we went and played basketball and around five o'clock. I ended up landing on another guys foot and then my foot stayed on his foot and then my ankle decided to go down and touch the floor. That was pretty much the worst pain I have felt in a while. It kind of sucked though. But, don't worry. Sis Mustard went and got me a bag of snow to put on it. haha. But it definitely wasn't fun. I got carried out to the car and then after dinner we went to the church and had bishop look at it because he is a physio therapist or something... turns out I didn't tear anything or break anything so that was good news. It was pretty swollen though. It was awesome. So I have been icing it and stuff for a while. It was good that we had a car this week because I wouldn't have been able to walk very far. Yesterday at dinner the mom had this weird little hand held machine thing that sends electricity into it. So she did that for a while last night and it has actually been feeling pretty good since then. She said to come back in a couple of days to have it done again. So that will be fun.


Then also on Pday. It was my six month mark. It's kind of a big deal. It was kind of fun though. It was weird to think that I am a quarter of the way done with my mission. But for those of you that have been on a mission you know what else that means. Yep, it was time for me to burn a tie. So Saturday we went and had a district dinner and we all had some stuff to burn. It was awesome. I burned a tie, Bleazard burned a tie, Fowler burned a tie and Gelwix burned a tie too. Then our district leader burned a pair of pants a shirt and a tie, because he turned 18 months a little while ago. It was pretty awesome. The members were sweet and bought us some lighter fluid. It was awesome. haha! Anyway, that was a lot of fun. It was a great week!


We spent a lot of time doing service at the gardens with Duncan. That is always fun. We also spent a lot of time giving lessons to members. Other then that we didn't do much else. It is snowing again though. It's kind of exciting...


That is pretty much it from me this week though. Thanks for everything! I love you guys!


Love

Elder Townsend

First two: my ankle




the district of burning stuff


me burning a tie

Elder Riggs burning his pants, suit, and tie
(picture didn't come through)

No comments:

Post a Comment