Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010

Hey everyone! How is it going? I hope you all had such an exciting and fun week like I did. This week started out with me getting my new companion, Elder Reese. He is a pretty fun guy. Kind of weird at times. He has only been out about three months and has only been in a singles ward. So he doesn't really know how a family ward works so I've been trying to get him used to being in one. He also isn't the best at taking advice. He seems to get frustrated with me pretty easily. But what can you do. I guess he's just going to have to learn things through his own experiences. He is a really good missionary though. Still has that greenie fire burning. I think it is going to be really good for this ward to have him here. I am excited to see what happens with him here. Elder Reese is from southern California. (my first companion not from Utah) and he is a huge surfing bum. Kind of exciting.

But since it was the first week with a new companion and he is getting used to a lot of new things and we didn't have a car and my ankle still hurts after walking on it for a while not too much exciting happened. I think for the first half of the week the best thing that happened was that we stopped by this less active guy's house that nobody knew anything about and his wife answered. At first it was like any average less active house we stopped by and she just kind of told us they weren't interested. So we started walking down the road out in the snow (yes it was snowing) and then she came back out and yelled to us and said she couldn't leave us out in the cold so she invited us in for hot chocolate. So that was awesome. We aren't going to deny that as missionaries. haha. So we went in and we got talking to her and her son and we talked to them for a while before we went to dinner. They were a really nice family and really fun to talk to. And they said we could come back anytime. So we are definitely going to go back. Even if she doesn't want us teaching her it will still be good to go over and see if her heart will soften at all. And since then we have seen her son, who is 14 or so years old, around the neighborhood and he has come over and talked to us for a while so that is sweet!

Then the best part of the week came, Sunday. Mother's Day. One of the four days missionaries look forward to because we get to call home! It was my second call home and it was awesome! I loved it! I loved being able to hear my families voices and being able to talk to them and hear about the news they had and what was going on in their lives. It only lasted for about an hour but it was an amazing hour! It was kind of just a relaxing day after that though. We didn't want to bother people on Mother's Day so we just wrote some letters home and then went to dinner. It was kind of a nice day. I liked it.

Then we got another pretty great call. It was from Sister Moore in our ward. She is awesome. We have stopped by her house at least once a week to talk to them and teach them a lesson because we know that they are always going to let us in if they are home. I love people like that. So Sis Moore has grown up in the church but didn't have the best family. She was baptized at eight but doesn't have the best testimony. In fact she tells us she doesn't have one at all. But I know that isn't entirely true because she is at church every Sunday and is a YW leader. But she called us Sunday after church and told us that she was sick and tired of sitting on the fence. She was listening to the lesson we gave in Sunday school and was just asking herself why she was there if she doesn't believe it. So she said she was ready to know what we know and to gain a testimony for herself. That is pretty much the best thing I have heard in a while. That is exactly what we have been trying to get her to say this whole time! So we are going to go teach her tonight and I am excited to see how that goes. It should be fun. Hopefully we can help her. It's going to be difficult. She likes to argue. haha. But she'll learn. I know she will. She is an amazing person.

That's pretty much it for the week though. We taught some lessons to members and stuff as well. Both of our investigators canceled on us on Tuesday. That was pretty sad. I haven't seen Sam in three weeks. I don't know what is going on there, but we'll be working on that. Well I hope you guys have an awesome week and I'll let you know how mine was next Wednesday!

Love
Elder Townsend

well they are kind of random this week. but i like them...




Coolest license plate ever! haha

I found this in a less active's garden...

Me and Elder Hatfield. My favorite missionary from the mtc! I love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment