Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tomorrow is the day!

Hello, my name is Devin Townsend. I have received my call to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for two years. I have been assigned to serve in the Canada Calgary Mission. I have been waiting for this opportunity my whole life and I am so excited to be able to serve the Lord for two years and to teach His gospel to the wonderful people in the Calgary area. I know that as I serve faithfully I will be able to mature and grow spiritually in my life. I know that if I work hard and am diligent in my studies and obeying the mission rules that I will be able to find people to teach and bring the gospel and happiness into their lives. And I know for myself that this gospel is true. I love it and I am so happy that I am able to have it in my life and I feel so blessed to have been able to grow up in a house in which I was surrounded by the gospel. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family and friends throughout my life. I love them so much and I am going to miss them while I am gone, but I know that serving a mission is the thing that I am supposed to be doing in my life right now and I know that I will be getting a lot of letters from everyone while I am gone... right? Haha. Well I am excited to go on my mission and thank you all for being here for me. And a special thanks to my sister Kristen for keeping you guys updated with this blog. I love you all and I will see you in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment